Sunday 8 January 2012

It's my First!

So, it has been said to me that I should start a blog. I make pretty edible things that people think should be shared with the world. So here I am. However, sadly for you people who are sitting there reading what I have to say I have a terrible time putting my thoughts into words. So I hope this isn’t too terrible to read.

Let me start my introducing myself to you lovely people. I am Sam. I’m 21 years old and I have a wonderful husband, he’s sometimes my guinea pig for my experimenting. He doesn’t mind. I’m new to baking; it is a hobby I picked up since I was married. Cake boss inspired me to start attempting fancy cakes and learning to work with fondant.

I’m going to start back at the beginning and work up towards my current projects for you guy. I won’t be touching too much on my first cake, being as it was just simple and quick.

Trust me, my designs get way better and more complex, I promise.


This was back when I was making Marshmallow fondant. I found it worked well, but once I got into bigger projects and was working more frequently I switched to store bought, pre-made fondant. You can find the recipe for Marshmallow fondant here

This was a chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting. It was delightful, but simple. And it was made from scratch. What a good house wife I make right?

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed my little introduction. More good stuff to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment