Thursday 19 January 2012

I made me some homemade truffles.

So, as you may have noticed I really like chocolate. But I'm attempting to eat healthy and chocolate doesn't always jive with that. Well, not in the amounts that I like to eat it. But it's just so irresistible! Seriously....

In any case, I have this taste of home magazine I've been getting some healthier food options from, the Comfort food diet Cookbook. I love it, it's awesome.

Well, there's a chocolate truffle recipes in it, A light version. And I thought, Hey, Why not? So I got out my new Kitchenaid mixer and went to work.


The texture of these things are ammmmmazing. I was so surprised. They turned out to be a little addicting. Very Delicious. 

So, you probably want the recipe right? Ok, I'll Share. Here it is.

Light Chocolate Truffles

1/3c semi-sweet chocolate chips.
125 g reduced fat cream cheese (this is half a regular package of cream cheese, 4 oz if you're american.)
1/3c cocoa
1-1/4c powdered sugar

Coating
2 Tbsp cocoa
2 Tbsp powdered sugar

These are really easy to make, but I warn you, I found it really messy. But is it such a problem to get covered in chocolate? I don't really think so.

1. Melt the chocolate chips.

2 In a small bowl, whip the cream cheese until fluffy. Add the cocoa  and melted chocolate, continue mixing. Slowly mix in the powdered sugar.

3. In a separate bowl, mix the extra cocoa and icing sugar. 

4. When all is mixed, form the chocolate into 1" chocolate balls. I suggest dusting your hands in icing sugar first, but I found it only really helped while rolling the first truffle. Roll the truffle through the cocoa and icing sugar mix.

5. Refrigerate for a least a hour to harden the balls.



Each truffle is 62 calories and 2g of fat. So not too bad for chocolate truffles.

I hope you enjoy and don't get too addicted to these treats!

No comments:

Post a Comment