Monday 27 February 2012

It's another Baby Cake

So, my sisters friend had a baby a couple months ago and I was asked to do the cake for the shower. I decided I wanted to do a rubber ducky theme. Turns out that was the perfect idea because the blue I chose for the fondant matched the colour they chose to decorate the shower with, which happened to also have a rubber ducky theme. Although I didn't have any idea who the host was, so we didn't even coordinate it. Funny how things work out eh?


I'm a little rubber ducky, I love my bubbles! Swim swim swim....

Yeah, I may have gone off the deep end. Oh well.

So, this was for little Anakin. The dad's a Star Wars fan, but apparently the mom liked the name anyway, so both parties are happy. He's a cute little baby too.

Anywho, this is a yummy chocolate cake. I believe it had chocolate icing as well, but it's too long ago to remember. 

So, I covered this in blue fondant. Cause water is always depicted as blue. Well, usually it is. Then I molded a rubber ducky out of some yellow fondant and with lollipop sticks I secured him on top of the cake. Then I made some duck silhouettes out of more yellow and put them around the cake.


Then came the time consuming part. Bubbles. I made 3D and 2D bubbles. I arranged a bunch of the 3D bubbles around the ducky. And I did a border of the 2D bubbles around the cake, filling in blue spots with some 3D bubbles. I really like the effect that it had.




Another simple and cute design from the colourful cake princess. (I love being a princess)


Ducky.

Hope you enjoyed this!

No comments:

Post a Comment